Please show your support!

If you would like to contribute to Kim's Fundraising efforts, please use the Pied Piper Appeal and Brainstrust Just Giving links. Alternatively you can donate at:
Channel Swim Charity Fundraising Account
Lloyds TSB
Sort Code: 30-93-48
Account Number: 49225460
Thank you, we are very grateful for your support!



Thursday 11 August 2011

Taper time!!

Time to tone it down! All my BIG training swims and races have been done. The previous posts will have kept you all informed! May, June and July were pretty intense months for me. High meterage. My body has been swum out on many occasions and depleted, and then done the same again the next day. It has been crucuial to get the sleep and recovery right too. Eating the right food, sleeping enough and reducing work a little bit has all been part of the preparation. I have had to sacrifice lots of things, especially social stuff and catching up with people. I've struggled to stay awake past 9pm! The early mornings do take their toll, a regular 4 or 5am something start is tough! The travelling away has also been tiring, but so worth it - especially to Dover to meet and train with like minded poeple, who just 'get' why you are doing what you are doing!

Thank you to all of you who have supported me and been interested and understanding thus far in the journey. My social life has taken a bit of a hit, but I'm sure the sacrifice will be worth it! Most of you understand why, so thanks and will be seeing you lots more after September hopefully!!

Tapering now means I am ticking over. Need to stay well and hopefully injury free. Still training though. I need to continue to do up to two hours most days. I aim to keep my fitness and routine, but the sessions are shorter, still with some intensity, and my week end swims are shorter too. I can recover quicker and hopefully allow my body to regenerate a little this month, in preparation for the big day. I need to start it with some extra resources and energy in my body rather than totally depleted and fatigued - for obvious reasons!!

Bags and boxes for the boat are now slowly and methodically being prepared ready for the end of month. I will then communicate again with the boat pilot to get an idea of when will be a good time to go back down to Dover! All weather dependant, so cannot pinpoint a date! Will keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment